Friday, June 12, 2015

PT281+ August 20, 2015


It’s been awhile since I’ve updated my blog. So much has happened in my life since Badwater. I can’t believe that was the last post. God has done so much since then. I also cannot believe I didn’t post about HURT last January, amazing experience I will never forget with the US Navy Seal team! I will post some pictures. We have a little girl now and she loves Ultras and camping…haha I think, she is only 9 months . 
 
In August, we will be traveling to Portugal for a race called PT281+ http://pt281mais.com/ this is the website. It is the inaugural event. I just finished my last training run here in VA and it was the last of three in 6 weeks. I am trying to concentrate on preparing myself now for Portugal and getting my head wrapped around the 175+ miles I will do in under 66 hours. It will take all of my physical, mental, and spiritual strength to prepare and complete this race.  


 
I recently was motivated by the fervor and mission of a charity organization called HOPE in the DC area. It is all about just loving people and meeting them right where they are with no strings attached. Love in action. I have chosen to fund raise for this charity using the race in Portugal. I like to think of it as the HOPE association going international J Here is the website http://www.thehopeassociation.org/ and they recently posted a blog about my journey in ultra-running http://www.thehopeassociation.org/category/uncategorized/.  I Hope that we can raise money to fund the endeavors this organization supports, like the homeless children playtime project. Please check out the website. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to use running for bettering not only me, but this world. As best I can at least.
 
 
This is the HOPE association’s mission and vision :
Mission and Vision
The HOPE Association is a not-for-profit organization that was founded in 2012 out of the great calling to create everyday miracles for children in need throughout the DC metro area. Through our various programs and projects, we strive to meet children where they are, and minister to their needs, whether spiritual, physical, emotional, or relational. We also aim to equip aspiring leaders with the inspiration and tools they need to be the change this world so desperately needs and make an impact in their local communities. Our leadership development programs and events aim to create a new generation of leaders who are the channels of hope and healing in a world so desperate for it. Our legacy at HOPE is not found in our present work but rather in the future generations of lives that have been made better through our presence.
 
 



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi, I have been following your blog as I look for inspiration for my first marathon in Milwaukee in less than 2 months. May God keep you and bless you and guard your steps in Portugal. Z Tawadrous

    ReplyDelete
  3. LEVI!!!! How the hell are you? Married, a kid and running huge distances! 4 100 milers just this year?! Has I known you were at Chimera last year, I may have went out to say hello! Glad to see you are doing well and still running along the way! Send me an email so we can catch up, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete